Bayford JMI School 26thApril 2010
Parish Assembly Meeting
Present: Michael Wainwright (Chair), Alan Fitzjohn, Bob Orme, Jackie Fulcher, George Rowley, Maggie Broomer (Clerk), Sally Brooks (PCSO) + 8 members of the public
Apologies: Linda Haysey
- 1.0 Introduction by the Chairman
- 1.1 MW welcomed everyone to the meeting and read an overview of the year. He then thanked the councillors and members of the public for their help and support over the past year.
- 2.0 Sally Brooks - PCSO (stand-in for Karen Broad PCSO for the Parish of Bayford)
- 2.1 SB spoke about the Neighbourhood Watch Scheme and the plans to relaunch it in Bayford shortly and preferably by e-mail. Jill is the co-ordinator in the office who will set this in motion.
The only 2 noted crimes in the village for the past year was theft of garden equipment from a van recently and 4 illegal immigrants seen leaving a foreign lorry when delivering in Bayford despite a thorough police search they were not found.
The policing priority for the next 3 months will be vehicle crime with attendance guaranteed to be within 1hour and an appointment with a police officer / PCSO within 48hours.
There are surgeries held once a month and these are advertised on the neighbourhood watch section of the Herts constabulary website. These will also be printed in the parish magazine MW to action this.
Immobilise This is a bar coded sticker system available for all valuables, to register your property for free go to www.immobilise.com for more details.
On going parking problems at the station - SB to speak to Karen for an update.
Speed gun training for all PCSOs is currently taking place - more widespread use will then be possible.
Horses and riders are encouraged to wear fluorescent leg bands/jackets Karen is dealing with this.
Green Yard new police project re horses found loose grazing or wandering on highway will be removed by a new designated unit.
- 3.0 Any Other Business
- 3.1 D.Cook asked whether the footpath by Church Cottages is for the general public use and it was stated that it is only for the residents of Bayford village.
- 4.0 Date and time of next meeting
- 4.1 Next meeting is to be the Annual Meeting on Monday 10th May 2010 at 8.00pm at Bayford School
- 4.2 There being no further business at the Parish Assembly the meeting ended at 8.50pm.
- 5.0 After this meeting an extra meeting took place to discuss the Audit for BDO
- 5.1 The asset register was reviewed and adjusted accordingly in line with depreciation and then this was agreed.
- 5.2 The risk assessment was reviewed and was deemed to be accurate and was then agreed.
- 5.3 The councillors reviewed all the criteria related to the appropriateness of the internal auditor and concluded that David Latham, who has agreed again to be the internal auditor, fulfilled all the requirements. He is still considered suitable for the following reasons:
He ran a successful business for many years.
He is not related to any of the councillors.
He is not a member
He has no financial interests in the BPC.
Section 1 and 2 of the form were completed at the meeting and will be ready for Section 4 to be completed by DL in the next week.
Display the notice from 24/05/10 06/06/10
The records to be available from 07/06/10 02/07/10
The annual return to the auditor by 09/07/10
- 5.4 Meeting ended at 9.15pm.